WPS Button on Netgear Router: Location, Use, and No Button
Every Netgear device arrives with a set of buttons on its hardware unit. Netgear routers are no exceptions. They have Power button, WiFi On/Off button, and WPS button. The first two buttons are present on the top of the router. But, as far as the WPS button on the Netgear router is concerned, users generally get confused. The reason being,on some Netgear router models, the WPS button is at the top whereas in some models, it is very hard to find the same. Do you also own a WPS-capable Netgear router?Want to know about its location and use? Stick to reading.
Where is the WPS Button on Netgear Router?
If you want to find the WPS button on your router, you should check the top panel of the hardware unit. But, still some people struggle to find the same. This is to inform you that the WPS button exactly looks like an LED light. Therefore, you should examine the buttons very carefully.
Just in case the WPS button is not discoverable, you should check the location of the WiFi LED. This is where the WPS button of a Netgear WiFi router rests i.e. the next to the WiFi LED. However, you should check the user manual of the product before concluding anything. Well, this was about the location of the WPS button on the Netgear router. Do want to know how it works? move to the next section of the blog.
[Function]WPS Button on Netgear Router
Wondering what that WPS button on your router is for? You can compare the router’s WPS button with a magic stick that eradicates the hassle of entering the WiFi passwords on client devices.
Therefore, if you want to share your internet without revealing WiFi password, just press the WPS button.
Bonus tip:For Netgear router users, that WPS button can be a lifesaver for connecting printers or TVs thereby preventing thehassle of remembering the complicated passwords.
But, you have to remember one thing! You need to make sure that your devices can connect via WPS or not (check their WPS capability). If not, unfortunately the WPS button is not designed for you. So, before you learn the steps to use the router’s WPS button, a quick check on your WiFi devices is a must-do thing.
How to Use the WPS Button on Router?
Here are the steps explaining the process of using the WPS button on a Netgear router so that you can establish a secure wireless connection:
- Turn on your Netgear router before everything else and let the LEDs light settle.
- If feasible, bring the WPS client devices into the room where you’ve placed your router.
- Now, press the WPS button on Netgear router.
- Before 2 minutes pass, press the WPS button on your client device.
- In case there is no WPS button on the client device, you need to follow the instructions appearing on its screen for a successful WPS connection.
- Your WiFi device will connect to the WiFi network of the router.
So, this was the breakdown of the steps explaining the process of using the router’s WPS button. On the off-chance, there is no WPS button on Netgear router, you need to visit the 192.168.1.O IP address followed by http:// to connect to the WiFi network using the WPS wizard.
What to Do If There Is No WPS Button on Netgear Router?
Mentioned below are the instructions that you need to follow if there is no WPS button on the router that supports wireless protected setup configuration:
- Launch a web browser from your device that is connected to the Netgear router.
- To reach the router’s login screen, type 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.0 into the address bar.
- Input the router’s username and password to move ahead.
- You will be able to see the router’s BASIC Home page now.
- Choose the Advanced option and click WPS Wizard.
- A note will appear that will explain the significance of WPS on Netgear router
- Select Next.
- Choose whether you want to use the Push Button method or go with a PIN Number.
- Within two minutes, access the WPS software on your client device and connect to the router’s network.
- The connection confirmation message will appear on the router’s WPS page.
The WPS button on Netgear router has made netizens life easy. Just the push of a button and a secure connection will be established. However, you can still connect your devices using the WPS approach if the router doesn’t have a physical WPS button. You only have to follow the correct instructions.