Netgear RAX50 Region Selection is Locked? How to Fix Issue?
“I bought a Netgear RAX50 router, but the router’s region is limited to “China” and cannot be modified via 192.168.1.0. I tried changing the region via the console in the web UI but with no success. How do I change my region? Can you help me?”
Does this query ring a bell? Well then, it means that it belongs to you as well. You might be facing the Netgear RAX50 region selection is locked issue because of a couple of reasons. They have been highlighted here:
- You have followed the wrong instructions to change the region.
- Your internet connection keeps dropping leading to unwanted assumptions.
- The location that you are in does not allow one to change the router’s region.
- Technical glitches can also stop you from doing the same.
Now, you may make your way to the troubleshooting tips mentioned in the following blog and gain an understanding of how to resolve the Netgear RAX50 region selection is locked issue in a hassle-free manner.
How to Fix Netgear RAX50 Region Selection is Locked Issue?
1. Give the Entire Network a New Start
As mentioned above, the primary factor that has forced you to come across the Netgear RAX50 region selection is locked issue is a technical glitch. However, what matters is that we are here to help you to get rid of it which is via a fresh start.
In simple words, you need to reboot your router. For this, you need to turn the power button located on the router OFF and ON. It is recommended that you do not wait for more than 30 seconds for the process to be thoroughly completed.
2. Walk Through the Correct Guidelines
Did the abovementioned solution fail to help you to get rid of the Netgear RAX50 region selection is locked issue? Probably, otherwise, you would not be reading this section. But, now that you are here, check the instructions which you followed.
Were they correct? Or did you skip being careful while following them? Whatever the case might be, it is recommended that you learn how to change the region on your router properly. For that, here are the instructions you need to follow:
- Load a browser but prior to that, ensure that the PC is connected to the router.
- Go to the address bar and enter the routerlogin.net or routerlogin.com web address.
- Pressing the Enter key will make the login window appear on your screen.
- Enter the user name and password when required.
- Soon the BASIC HOME SCREEN will appear.
- Select WIRELESS and let the WIRELESS SETTINGS page come into view.
- From the REGION menu, select the region.
- Additionally, go to the CHANNEL menu and select a channel number.
- Click the APPLY button and wait for the settings to get saved.
Now, see if you are able to resolve the Netgear RAX50 region selection is locked issue via the routerlogin.net web address. In case, the routerlogin.net not working comes after you, use the IP address to log in to the device.
3. Move to a Different Location Right Now
On the official website of Netgear, it has been mentioned that in some locations, you cannot change the region of your router. If you keep this point in consideration, then you have discovered the major reason behind the Netgear RAX50 region selection is locked issue.
To troubleshoot it, change your location. Although this will assist you, by any chance, if it refuses to, then you ought to buy another router model. Wondering which is your best bet? Well, you should go with another RAX model rather than the same one that you are using.
Changing the region of the Netgear router is quite easy, however, still some users manage to get stuck with the Netgear RAX50 region selection is locked issue. Considering you are among them, resolving it will surely be possible for you if you carefully walk through the information mentioned in this blog post. By any chance, if you are still experiencing it, then you should try the ultimate solution, i.e. Netgear router reset.
There are two methods to reset the router, the soft or hard reset method. But, we would recommend you to hard reset your networking device. You can go about by process by locating and pressing the button on the router. You need to use an oil pin to press the reset button. Using the tip of the pen will prove to be fatal for you. Also, after the reset process comes to an end, let the device reboot.