How to Update Firmware on Nighthawk Router via Mobile App?
Netgear is known to release firmware updates for all its devices with the sole purpose of improving their performance, adding the latest features, and enhancing the security of the network. In case you want to utilize all these benefits, it is recommended that you learn how to update firmware on the Nighthawk router, not via routerlogin.net, but the Nighthawk app. The same can be done if you go through the steps given in this blog post.
How to Update Firmware on Nighthawk Router?
1. Download the Nighthawk App
Turn on your mobile device. In case you have locked it, enter the password to unlock it. Open Google Chrome. Make sure that it is running on its updated version. Enter nighthawk-app.com in the bar given and press the Enter key. This is to download the Nighthawk app.
In case you do not want to access this website, then go to the Google Play Store or Apple App Store for the same purpose. Just make sure that you access the Play Store only if you are using an Android and App Store if you are the owner of an iOS device.
Whether you access the Play Store or App Store, the process will be as follows:
- Enter Nighthawk app in the search bar and tap on the SEARCH icon.
- From the displayed results, select the app that should be put to download.
- Tap the DOWNLOAD button and wait for the installation process to come to an end.
It is recommended you do not interrupt the process by performing background activities on your mobile device. Doing so will prevent the application from getting installed.
2. Update the Router Firmware
As soon as the application gets installed on your mobile device, launch it and enter the admin user name and password when prompted. Tap the SIGN IN button. Soon a dashboard will appear asking you to select the image of your Netgear router model.
Thus, do as needed and wait for the ROUTER SETTINGS page and scroll down. Now, follow the instructions given below to continue with the process:
- Tap CHECK FOR UPDATES.
- Select UPDATE in case you find that a new firmware is available.
Right after you are done tapping the Update button, take our advice, and do not try to go online or turn off the Netgear router. Otherwise, what you came here for, i.e. to learn how to update firmware on Nighthawk router will remain a dream.
How to Avoid Facing Issues During the Process?
Many users experience issues while trying to update the firmware of their Netgear routers using the Nighthawk app. To ensure that you are not one of them, we have mentioned some key points in this section:
- Ensure that you are only downloading the latest version of the application to update the firmware of your networking device.
- Avoid sitting in a room that is filled with televisions, mirrors, fish tanks, treadmills, aluminum studs, and other similar examples.
- Run a virus scan on your mobile device. In case it is infected, install an antivirus application to get rid of them.
- See to it that your mobile device is connected properly to the network of the Netgear wireless router model which you own.
- The distance between the Netgear router and the existing modem should neither be too much nor too less.
- Do not keep the WIFI and LTE option enabled at the same time as this might slow down the internet and stop you from upgrading the device.
- Your mobile device should be fully charged. In case, it is not, then connect it to the power source using a charger.
- In case you access the official website to download the firmware, make sure that your browser is free from cache as well as cookies.
- Your device ought to have enough storage space for the Nighthawk application to get installed on it in a hassle-free manner.
Learning how to update firmware on Nighthawk router to its latest version is supremely important if you want to experience its enhanced performance at every hour of the day. We hope that with the aid of the instructions mentioned above, you will easily be able to execute the Nighthawk firmware update process with ease.